In the Fall of 1950, a group of symphony supporters organized The Women’s Committee of the San Antonio Symphony with Mrs. Henry Catto as founding president. In the Spring of 1979, the Women’s Committee of the San Antonio Symphony changed its name to The San Antonio Symphony League. In 1966, The Junior Committee of the San Antonio Symphony was organized for women under the age of 40. After 25 years, in the Spring of 1991, the Junior Committee merged with the San Antonio Symphony League to create a stronger circle of support for the Orchestra. In 2004, the San Antonio Symphony League became a 501(c)(3) tax exempt, non-profit organization, incorporated, allowing fundraising to have a greater financial impact for the Symphony. Since its inception, this organization has directed its energies toward service, educational efforts and financial support of the San Antonio Symphony. Today the San Antonio Symphony League proudly continues in the dedication and traditions set forth by its founders. The San Antonio Symphony League encourages a diverse membership which reflects and appreciates the rich multi-cultural heritage of San Antonio.